Saturday, October 7, 2017

Just Us Girls #414 - Word Week

Hi everyone!  This week is Word Week over at Just Us Girls and Nancy chose "Light" as our word.  There's a bunch of ways this word can be interpreted.
 
I chose to make a set of four 4.25" square cards using lamps as the focal point in each one.  I've had this stamp set from Papertrey Ink for some time, and I don't know if it's ever seen ink!  I started by picking out an old paper pack from Stampin' Up and die cut a square frame from four different colors and also die cut the lamp shades from the same paper.  I stamped the lamp bases in coordinating colors.  Before I adhered the lamps to the card base, I masked off an area and sponged the "light" from the lamp in yellow ink.  I stamped two different sentiments, added sequins, and spritzed the card with shimmer spray.
 



 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest for October, Karola Rehnstrom, on the JUGs blog
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Lighten Up (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, Polka Dot Parade (SU)
Ink:  Melon (SSS), autumn rose and limeade ice (PTI), brocade blue and barely banana (SU), Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Lighten Up die (PTI), sequins, shimmer spritz, dimensional tape



9 comments:

Macimbalo said...

How cute - love these and in all the different colors! Love your take on the challenge!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are all so adorable and perfect for our Word this week! I love all of those polka dots and how you coordinated the lampshades with the same papers. Adding the light shining down from the lamp really makes these that much more amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great set of cards -- love the making of your "light"

Ina G said...

You certainly have let the 'light' shine on all these gorgeous creation here Lisa. Super sweet!

Pink Unicorn said...

I love all the cute little lamps and bright colours. Isn't is fun to find some use for old stash. So excited to join you for October, thank you so much for the opportunity to join in with the fun!

Judy Woodland said...

Such cute cards, I love your adorable lamps and lampshades. And then doing the sponging to imply the light is perfect! Well done!

Nancy said...

I was so in love with your cute little card at JUGS...then I come over here and I am blown away once again. Of course you made a set! You impress me so!!!

Bobby said...

These are fantastic, Lisa. I love the lamps and the light shining down is a great touch.

Lea Lawson said...

Lovely collection of bright, shining cards! ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin