Saturday, September 30, 2017

Just Us Girls #413 - Wild Card Week

Hi everyone!  Today is the 5th Saturday in September, so Just Us Girls has it's Wild Card challenge.  For this challenge, Nancy has chosen to use word die cuts on our cards.
 
I have so many word dies, so it was difficult to decide which one to use!  I settled on this one from Papertrey Ink.  I first inked some Bristol paper with four Distress Oxide inks then die cut the word from it.  I stamped the leaves in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with copic markers.  The sentiments were stamped next, and I added Nuvo Dew Drops randomly around the card.  It's also spritzed with shimmer spray.  This card is going to a colleague who lost her son this summer.  I like it better than a sympathy card.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our September guest, Linda, on the JUGs blog.  This is her last week with us and I'd like to thank her for creating such beautiful cards with us this month.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Geometric Greenery (MFT), Big Hugs (PTI)
Paper:  Recollection white, calypso coral, Bristol white
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, fossilized amber, wild honey, spiced marmalade, abandoned coral Distress Oxide inks
Accessories:  Big Hugs die (PTI), Nuvo dew drops, shimmer spray, fun foam, corner rounder 


8 comments:

Nancy said...

What a terrible reason for this card! I am so sad for her. I know she will love it and appreciate it, as it is gorgeous! Love the ombre letters. Have a great weekend!

Macimbalo said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of her son - that has to be so traumatic, I can't even imagine! Your card is so sweet and I'm sure she will appreciate it so very much! I love your die cuts and the layout with those pretty colors!!! Gorgeous!!!

Bobby said...

This is a wonderful expression of sympathy for a close friend, Lisa. Especially when time has passed but the need for comfort still exists.

Linda said...

Lisa, this is such a sweet card. Love the colors, springy. I'm not ready for winter yet. Thanks so much for having me as the GD this month. It was such an honor and so fun.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of Fall colors!

Ina G said...

A BEAUTIFUL card Lisa and sentiment perfect. Gorgeous soft soothing colour choice. Love the angled corners.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so sweet! I love how you inked the sentiment with the Oxides and perfect placement of the leaves. Love the addition of the Nuvo drops, too.

Judy Woodland said...

Super, super pretty card. I love that die set from PTI and have always wished I had gotten it. I really like what you did with the color on the letters, well done. Very nice! And yes, one can never have too many hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin