Thursday, August 17, 2017

Time Out #90 - Theme Challenge

Hi friends!  The new challenge over on the Time Out blog is the Theme with a twist challenge.  The theme is Autumn and the twist is to make your card in 10 minutes or less.  THAT'S a challenge!
 
Now I didn't time how long it took me to do this card, but it was under 10 minutes to create it.  Thinking about what I was going to make and getting the supplies together was another thing!  I started by die cutting the white panel with the wonky stitches die.  Then I started stamping the leaves.  I stamped the green one in the middle first, then stamped the others.   I wanted the die cut words to match the inks, so I used the direct to paper technique then die cut the words.  I wanted to stack the words, but to do that would have taken more time, so I just have one layer.  I had to add some Nuvo drops too!  This panel is mounted on a green base.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Elaine, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Geometric Greenery (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, garden green
Ink:  Sunshine (SSS), canyon clay (PTI), bamboo leaves (Memento)
Accessories:  Wonky stitches die (Avery Elle), Thank you die (Hero Arts), Nuvo crystal drops



9 comments:

sandie said...

You did a great job of the speed stamping and got so much in within 10 mins, surer impressed. I love the added nuvo drops, perfect placement, you are so good at this. So lovely to see the Austin colours x

Anita in France said...

All these graphic line art leaves are just delicious, Lisa ... there's a fabulous autumnal freshness to them which is lovely! Great decision on the nuvo drops ... they look perfect! Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

I love this card! The background stamping is gorgeous with the sentiment added. Graphic and fabulous!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the colors (especially the green base) and the graphic design. The Nuvo drops are a great addition. Sometimes I shy away from them because I can't place them and move them until I am happy. Yours look fantastic. Great autumn themed card.

Joyce said...

Such a wonderful card, and I love the patterns you created and colors you used.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card, well done!!

Vikki H said...

I'm in awe of your keeping the leaves evenly spaced and framing them with the wonky stitch die! Great card design. Thank you for the comment on my card.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Brilliant card!! So much detail, and so quick!! Impressed :) Jenny x

Jill V said...

Great CAS design - I love the Atumn colours and the addition of the Nuvo drops for the perfect finishing touch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin