Saturday, August 19, 2017

Just Us Girls #407 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  Look at the bright primary colors Sue chose for the Color Week challenge over at Just Us Girls!
 
Here's what I did with them.  I was fortunate enough to get a Stamp of Approval box from Catherine Pooler Designs.  It came in the mail today, so I thought I'd use a lot of the products from it for today's challenge.  I took a leaf stamp and stamped in into a flower using the challenge colors on a tag die cut.  I love this sentiment and stamped it in black on top of the flower.  I was just going to make the tag, but decided to put it on a card so I used a stencil and the inked up the three colors on the side.  The tag was cut again in blue cardstock and layered behind the stamped tag.  I added ribbon, twine, sequins, and spritzed it with shimmer spray to finish it off.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Leaf Motifs, Bloomin' Bouquet, Good Things (CPD)
Paper:  Recollections white, pacific point
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, tiara, rockin' red, something borrowed
Accessories:  Tags, etc. dies (CPD), Geo Trio stencil (CPD), fun foam, sequins, ribbon, twine, shimmer spritz



10 comments:

Maria said...

This is fantastic! LOVE the tags on front! So cool you go a box you should share the contents! LOL!

Darnell said...

Fantastic tag, Lisa, and even more fantastic polka dot stenciling! (I would have messed that up, for sure!) It adds just the right touch as a backdrop for your colorful double tag!! Thanks for letting me play with you again! Hugs, Darnell

Macimbalo said...

Oh this is too cute! I LOVE that sentiment too - Celebrate everything! That's a great way to look at life and your card is so happy and inspiring! Beautiful!!!

Judy Woodland said...

This is so cute. I love that you stenciled those polka dots on the background, it's really adorable. I'm pinning!!! Oh, and you lucky girl to have a Stamp of Approval box, it looks like so much fun!

Bobby said...

Lucky you to get your SOA box in time to make this wonderful card, Lisa. I missed getting my order in by a hour since I was out of town with family and forgot to do place my order first thing. I'm so glad they're doing a second order, especially after seeing what you did with the leaf stamp and that great sentiment.

Ina G said...

Very clever layout here Lisa. Love how made your colourful flower from a leaf stamp. Fabulous sentiment.

Nancy said...

Here is what I said to the computer this morning when I checked out the post. " Lisa did it again!" WOWZA!!! That is all!

Nancy said...

Oh, and I am pining it for sure!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cool! I love the flower you created with the leaf stamp and the sentiment on top. The stenciled polka dots pair beautifully with the layered tag! You definitely nailed this challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the dots! Fun card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin