Saturday, July 29, 2017

Just Us Girls #404 - Wild Card Week: Something Old/Something New

Hey friends!  It's Wild Card Week over at Just Us Girls.  Since there are five Saturdays in July, the hostess can choose any type of challenge she wants.  Ina is our hostess and she chose to have us use something old and something new on our cards.
 
So for my something new, I used this new Sunshine turnabout stamp set from Concord & 9th.  I have three of these, and they really are so cool!  I also used four new ink colors:  one from Simon Says Stamp and the other three from Altenew.  The old is the Spellbinders die I've had forever and the sentiment stamp.  It's from MFT and it's still in their store, but I've had it for a while (I thought it was retired!).  I used the Garden Green cardstock from SU (another something old) because I was thinking this could be a masculine card, but then the pink ink jumped out at me!  So I spritzed it with shimmer spritz and added sequins and it's now a card for a female!  Can you imagine all the color combinations possible for this turnabout stamp?  Can't wait to play with it some more!
 
You can see more from the JUGs DT and our July guest, Aileen, on the JUGs blog.  It's her last week as our guest and I'd like to extend a thanks to her for being such a fabulous guest!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Birthday Greetings (MFT), Sunshine Turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, garden green
Ink:  Key lime (SSS), rubellite, maple yellow, tide blue (Altenew)
Accessories:  Spellbinders #3 die, white embossing powder, sequins, shimmer spritz, fun foam 


7 comments:

Aileen said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love the bright summer colours. Thank you so much for having me as Guest Designer for the last month, have totally enjoyed myself.

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! And I love how you decided to add the shimmer and shine to it! Great combo of old and new!

Judy Woodland said...

What an awesome card! I love how you have used all those bright colors, that stamp is just so cool. I must go check it out. LOVE this!!!

Ina G said...

Fabulous and full of colour. Love the layout.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome work with that cool stencil! I love the multicolored rays for your background with the big sentiment on the die cut.

Bobby said...

That stamp looks like it would be lots of fun to use in a variety of colors and ways, Lisa. The colors you used certain give the card a celebratory feel.

Katherine Thayer said...

It's great as a Birthday present

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin