Friday, July 14, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays #178 - Christmas in July

Hey it's Christmas in July over at CAS-ual Fridays!  Six more months until that holiday rolls around, and it's never too early to start making those cards!
No automatic alt text available.
 
I'm so happy with the way this card came out.  I started by stamping the mistletoe image onto white cardstock and masking paper.  I fussy cut the masking paper and masked the image.  Then I stamped those rectangles in red and green inks.  I removed the mask and colored the image.  I cut the piece and mounted it onto red cardstock.  This was mounted on fun foam.  I stamped the sentiment below the focal point.  The mistletoe was covered in glossy accents and I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops around the sentiment.  And that main panel was sprayed with shimmer.
 
I used this sketch which from CAS(E) this Sketch, but the challenge is over.  I just thought it was the perfect sketch for what I wanted to create with the mistletoe!
 
You can see more from the CAS-ual Fridays design team on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Mistletoe & Holly (CAS-ual Fridays), Swatches (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, watermelon and key lime (SSS)
Accessories:  Inkadinkadoo masking paper, flossy accents, Nuvo Crystal Drops, Spectrum Noir shimmer, fun foam

Photobucket

1 comment:

Katherine Thayer said...

I'm so excited for the coming Christmas. Love those cards

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin