Saturday, February 4, 2017

Just Us Girls #379 - Word Week

Hi everyone!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls and it's Word Week.  I chose the word DOGS cause I just love dogs!
 
I've had this set from Stampers Anonymous and Tim Holtz since it first came out, but haven't inked it up until now.  I chose this cute image cause it just reminds me of my dog.  I tried to color it like my dog.  She's mostly white with brown spots, but I just couldn't make it work so she's colored all brown.  Then I saw the ball stamp and it made it look even more like my Lizzie.  She's a fetch-a-holic!  The dog is colored with Zig markers on smooth white Bristol card stock.  I added glossy accents to the eyes, nose, and tag on the collar.  The aqua dots are Nuvo crystal dots.  I haven't used pattern paper in some time, but had to pull out this Max & Whiskers pad cause it's dog themed (although the one I chose had no dogs on it!).
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our February guest designer, Michele Greenwood, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Crazy dogs (Stampers Anonymous), You make my tail wag (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, sahara sand, Bristol smooth white, Max & Whiskers (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Jet black Archival, Versafine onyx black, Zig markers
Accessories:  Inside & out stitched rounded square STAX die, Blueprints 13 die, woodgrain impression plate (PTI), Nuvo crystal clear dots (Caribbean Ocean), glossy accents, spectrum noir shimmer, fun foam
Photobucket

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Great card! I love the images and how well they pop of the page! Great challenge and card! Have a great Sunday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That bg plaid and your colored [fabulously btw] dog are the perfect match :)

Chris Dring said...

Wonderfully colored doggie and that plaid is perfect with your image! Great card!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, that dog is so stinkin' CUTE!!! Love what you have done with that Tim Holtz design, love your card layout!!! Well done and great challenge.

Ina G said...

That dog is absolutely adorable especially with the tongue hanging out. Looks like he has been fetching those balls. Love the layout too. Fabulous bright colours.

Celeste Goff said...

Love this sweet card Lisa! Great colors you used on the dog and the patterned papers are perfect!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute! Your little dog is adorable and you have colored him beautifully. I really like that sentiment paired up with him, too cute! Great choice for our Word Challenge!

Bobby said...

That dog looks like she's just waiting for you to throw one of those balls, Lisa. This is such a cute card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin