Saturday, April 23, 2016

Just Us Girls #340 - Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hello!  This week at Just Us Girls, Bobby has the Photo Inspiration challenge.  She chose this fresh and summery photo.
 
Here's a closeup so you can see more details.
 
When I saw those cookies with the swirly frosting on them, I immediately thought of the Circle Scribbles stamp set from PTI.  So I stamped them on watercolor paper and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I then watercolored them with distress inks in colors I took from the inspiration photo.  The sentiment and butterflies were embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder, even thought they look gold.  I added sequins for additional interest.  I usually use white card stock as my base, but today I used a coral card stock instead.  The main panel is on craft foam.  I should also mention that this card is a CASE of Danielle Flanders' card.  I looked up this stamp set on PTI and saw her card.  It was just what I was looking for as inspiration on how to use this set (for the first time!).
 
You can see more from the design team and our guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Circle Scribbles and Boutique Borders: Thanks (PTI)
Paper:  Tim Holtz watercolor paper, cameo coral, vellum
Ink:  Versamark, worn lipstick, abandoned coral, scattered straw, shaded lilac, peacock feathers distress inks
Accessories:  Stitched butterflies (Lil' Inkers), liquid platinum embossing powder, sequins, craft foam
Photobucket

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I am really loving the gold on the vellum -- tops off a fabulous card

Ina G said...

Love those scribbles and perfect background with those soft pastels. Love the layout Lisa.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you used those scribble flowers and the embossed butterflies and sentiment are beautiful with that shine.

Chris Dring said...

Such a soft, pretty card! Love it!

Macimbalo said...

Love the soft colors and the whole layout is just so pretty!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Loving the water colored scribbles and the touches of gold. Beautiful card!

Bobby said...

It looks you and Vicki had a similar yet totally different idea, Lisa. I love how you've watercolored behind the Scribbles and the colors you chose are luscious.

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome colors, and I love the butterflies and sequins. Such a happy card and great take on the challenge!!!

Maria said...

Simply stunning! Love the subtle colors and design! Great job!

Nancy said...

Okay Lisa! You nail our challenges week after week......super jealous here! Sensational card!

Mimi said...

I really like this card... Those flowers really look exactly like those cookies!

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty, Lisa!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin