Saturday, April 9, 2016

Just Us Girls #338 - Trend Week

Hi everyone!  Have you tried the "smooshing" technique yet?  It's quite popular and very easy to do.  That's the challenge for Trend Week over at Just Us Girls
 
To get this effect, I smooshed three distress inks on my craft mat, spritzed it with water, and laid my watercolor paper in it.  I dried it with my heat tool and was done.  You just have to be certain not to place colors next to each other that will mix into a muddy color.  To finish off my panel, I added a die cut that I stamped and colored with copic markers.  I added star dust stickles to the flower centers and a little bit on the bottom of the jar. 
 
The cool layout is from this week's Freshly Made Sketches.  I just had to use this sketch when I saw it!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest Angie Cimbalo on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps:  Best Buds (Paper Smooches), Round and Round (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, June Bug (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, mustard seed, worn lipstick, ripe persimmon distress inks, copic markers
Accessories:  Best Buds die (PS), Banner Trio die (WP9), star dust stickles, white embossing powder, craft foam 

Photobucket

13 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful! Great color choices, and I love the fun flowers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out great - love the jar of flowers too

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that image, it is such a cute jar and bouquet! Your smooshed background works really well with it and I love the added polka dot paper.

Nancy said...

This turned out perfectly! The color and the layout I love! Great job!

Tracy Welham said...

Love it, fabulous combination of the bright flowers with the smooshed background. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Unknown said...

Your smooshing and coloring are fabulous!

Kelly S. said...

G0rgeous colors, Lisa! I just love those flowers!!

Judy Woodland said...

I really love your colors here. The smooshing is awesome and sets off the focal perfectly!! Just a wonderful card!

Amy O said...

You smoosh beautifully! :) I love these pretty, vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

I LOVE this, Lisa. The colours are a juice burst and look amazing. Such a cheery card and awesome sketch with the dotty pointed panel in there. The flowers are sweet as can be and of course your trademark sparkle:)

Jen Timko said...

Oh wow, this is incredible! Those colors, that background...wonderful! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Ina G said...

Love your colourful layout and such an amazing smooched background.

Wendy said...

so fun and pretty with all smooching and coloring, great color combination.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin