Saturday, March 19, 2016

Just Us Girls #335 - Color Week

Hi all!  It's color week over at Just Us Girls, and Chris has some pretty spring colors for us to use!
 
I've been loving creating CAS cards lately.  I just love this one!  I took a floral stencil and used the three challenge colors with it.  I stamped the sentiment and added sequins then mounted that on a light pink mat.  I rounded one corner for some interest.  I'm going to stamp an Easter sentiment on the inside and send it off to a family member.
 
I used this week's Freshly Made Sketches for my layout.
 
You can see more from the design team and our guest, Stephanie Castro, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Tulip Time (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, pink pirouette
Ink:  Squeezed lemonade, spun sugar, shaded lilac distress inks; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Floral stencil, sequins, corner rounder, craft foam

Photobucket

13 comments:

Hannelie said...

Perfect use of those beautiful colors Lisa!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the idea of inking a stencil with the challenge colors...how pretty! Beautiful design and love the fun sentiment too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely use of the stencil and the colors~

Chris Dring said...

I love the way you used the colors with that pretty stencil! What a fabulous card!

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty and definitely springy! Love the stencil work! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Judy Woodland said...

Well I think that one rounded corner is perfect here, thanks for the inspiration, I will be doing this. Love your soft stenciled colors, very pretty, and that greeting is awesome. Stamping it in black is genius, and the sequins are the prefect final touch. Gorgeous card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the softness of the stenciled flowers, beautiful! Great design and way to rock that sketch, too!

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty spring card! Love the background you've created! Such beautiful colours! I wish it felt a little more springy around here!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Looks like Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods ;)

Gerrina said...

Not so easy to use them on a part of the card together, but you did it beautiful! Great sponging! Hugs, Gerrina

Nancy said...

Great use of stencils that I always seem to neglect! You captured the colors perfectly too! Great card!

Macimbalo said...

Your card is so pretty! And I love that one corner only is rounded!

Maria said...

Beautiful job! Love those colors so subtle and pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin