Thursday, January 21, 2016

Time Out #48 - CASE

Hi there!  The new challenge over at Time Out is a CASE challenge.

 
Here is the card we are CASE-ing by Marika.  Isn't it lovely?
 
I went really CAS on this one.  I immediately thought of this stamp set by Papertrey Ink. I sponged some Abandoned Coral ink in a similar fashion to Marika's card.  Then I stamped the strings and bow as well as the sentiment in black ink.  I simply added sequins to finish it off.  This panel was adhered to the base with dimensional tape.
 
You can see more from the design team on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  No Strings Attached (PTI), Strictly Sentiments (WP9)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, abandoned coral
Accessories:  Sequins, dimensional tape
 
Photobucket

13 comments:

sandie said...

CAS perfection Lisa, love this subtle sponging and what a great bow stamp x

Joan B said...

beautiful! gorgeous shading

Nonni said...

What a fun idea to use this stamp, I have it too but would never had thought of this! Maybe I'll CASE you now! ;)

Lynn said...

You took CAS to a whole new level. This is awesome! I'm going to case this for Christmas cards. Love, love, love!

Gerrina said...

Wow; that is super CAS and super sponging; the sponging is a great part of your card this way! A beautiful way to case! Hugs, Gerrina

Marika said...

Hello There! :) I just love your take, simply clever!

Susi said...

A fabulous CAS card - love the sponging!

Joyce said...

Stunning design. I wish I had thought of it. I even have this stamp set and completely forgot about it.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! at first glance at your card I thought you had tied the perfect bow, I love this stamp, it looks so real and your take on Marika's card just beautiful.
The sponging you did is spectacular, what a lovely shade of coral.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Love your take on Marika's card - so pretty!

Anita in France said...

My second attempt to leave a comment, Lisa ... think blogger is playing up again (and I can't recall if you have to approve comments before they're published!). Your card is fabulous ... softly sponged, minimally stamped, so deliciously CAS ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Dana M said...

Wonderful CAS card Lisa! Pretty and fun- love the bow!

Jill V said...

I love your CASE of Marika's card - the stamped twine is perfect - I can definitely see that stamp jumping into my shopping basket! Thanks for the amazing CAS inspiration! Jill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin