Thursday, January 7, 2016

Time Out #47 - Theme Challenge

Hi friends!
 
The Time Out blog has a new challenge, and this time around is our Theme Challenge.  The theme is Birthday with a twist of sponging.  You can twist if you want, but it's not required.  I chose to twist!
 
This card took FOREVER to make!  I tried to stamp with the Distress inks I used for sponging the main panel so they would match, but they don't stamp very well.  I tried so many things before I decided to switched inks.
 
So here's what I did.  I sponged a white panel with Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, and Peacock Feathers distress inks.  I saw someone use these three colors together (I cannot remember who right now) and loved the look of them.  Then I die cut the text block from that sponged panel.  The final version of the flowers were created by sponging those three inks again and die cutting them.  The leaves were inked with Pear Tart Memento Luxe pigment ink and Tide Pool and Coastal Cabana die inks.  These were the closest I could find to the distress inks.  Then I added enamel dots and Wink of Stella shimmer on the flowers and leaves.
 
It took a long time, but it was nice to sit and just play around with different supplies.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Rema, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Embroidered Blooms (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Twisted citron, cracked pistachio, and peacock feathers distress inks; tide pool (Hero Arts), coastal cabana (SU)
Accessories:  Text Block: Birthday die (PTI), Beautiful Blooms II #3 dies (PTI), Turning a New Leaf  dies (PTI), enamel dots, Wink of Stella shimmer, dimensionals


Photobucket

12 comments:

sandie said...

I love how it turned out, it may have taken ages but was well worth it. These colours are so Spring like and really do work well together x

Lynn said...

Your patience paid off. I love the color palette. So stunning Lisa.

Beverley said...

So so pretty! Love your colour choices, stamps and dies you have combined. Beautifully done. Hugs Bev x

Joyce said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the colors you chose and how you cut your die out of your sponged panel.

Gerrina said...

Good that you didn't gave up; your card is so beautiful! Love the colour como! Enjoy the weekend!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is stunning! I love, love, love the colors and your beautiful sponging! Have a great weekend!

Anita in France said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Lisa ... gorgeous colour palette ... love the sponged ombré sentiment panel ... and those layered blooms are lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

maria f. said...

Divinely spring-y! Love your color blending. That is a beautiful die cut.

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Your sponging looks stunning.

paperkicks said...

Sweet card!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

This is a beautiful Masterpiece!
Happy SAF!

Anonymous said...

Lovely choice for your masterpiece Lisa. Enjoy SAF 2016

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin