Saturday, December 12, 2015

Just Us Girls #323 - Trend Week

Hi friends!  I'm hosting the Trend challenge over at Just Us Girls this week, and I chose SEQUINS as the trend. 
 
So how many of you have tried something Jennifer McGuire did and thought "how does she make it look so easy?"  Hahaha!  I recently bought a fuse tool.  I got it with a 50% off coupon at AC Moore and it was cheap!  So I checked out her videos on using the fuse tool and cased a card she did.  But it didn't go as smoothly as hers!  I won't go into detail, but let's just say this card took longer than it took Jennifer to do!  She's just so amazing!  This is the video I watched to create my card.
 
Anyway, I used the fuse tool and created a round pocket then filled it with sequins and sealed it up.  I attached it to the card base.  The I cut the round opening in the blue panel and used a stencil and texture paste to add the "snow flakes".  Santa and Rudolph were die cut and colored with copics and adhered.  That panel was added to the base with dimensional tape.
 
You can see more from our design team on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, soft sky, X-Press It blending card
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, copic markers
Accessories:  Jingle All the Way dies (MFT), jumbo peek-a-boo die (MFT), falling snow stencil (SSS), texture paste, sequins, star dust stickles, fuse tool, acetate, dimensional tape


Photobucket

9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love this sweet Santa and his little reindeer. You colored it beautifully. Lovely card design with the shaker of sequins and the embossed snow.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Sequins work so well for a shaker card and your's is fabulous! I just love that reindeer - so cute.

Ina G said...

Great tutorial. Have never heard of the fuse tool before. Love your shaker card and that Santa and reindeer are soooooooo cute. Perfect background. Great challenge. Thanks for a fantastic time creating with you at JUGS this year. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours. Hugs.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute! I love the sequins in the shaker and your snowflakes, too. That Santa and reindeer are adorable. Great idea for our Trend Challenge.

Nancy said...

Love your card Lisa! What do you think of the Fuse tool.....Do you like it? I have been debating on getting one!

Maria said...

What an adorable card! Love it! I watched the video and it looks cool but I can see how it probably is not as easy as it looks. You did a great job though!

Joan B said...

what an adorable card!! I have the Fuse and haven't taken it out of the package yet. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I replied -- the story returns in January!!

Chris Dring said...

What a fabulous shaker card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a great shaker card. All the effort and time really paid off!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin