Thursday, November 12, 2015

Time Out Challenge #44 - CASE

It's time for another challenge on the Time Out blog.
 
This week we are CASE-ing this cool card by Karen.
 

I liked her little offset panel, so I took that idea to my card.  I used a snowflake stencil and some embossing paste colored with some blue ink and applied it to my card base.  I applied the paste to the card using only a portion of the stencil to sort of mimic Karen's panel.  I then added the folded banner and some sequins for some sparkle.
 
 I had some colored paste left over, so I created another card.  However this time I covered the card base with embossing using the whole stencil.  I finished it off in the same manner.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and out new guest designer, Jen.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  In the Meadow (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, sky blue
Ink:  Versamark, tumbled glass distress ink
Accessories:  Let It Snow stencil (Dylusions), Dreamweaver embossing paste, folded banner die (SSS), sequins, dimensional tape
 


Photobucket

7 comments:

sandie said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. I really like your idea of just using part of the stencil and adding the touch of blue to the paste is perfect for the Xmas feel x

Gerrina said...

That coloured paste looks so great! It gives so much extra to the card. Great case and reminds me to get using some paste soon again! Hugs, Gerrina

Lynn said...

The stencil is absolutely beautiful!

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are so festive and beautiful.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Lisa, this is beautiful ... so crisp and frosty looking ... just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Jill V said...

Beautiful soft blue snowflakes and I love the texture from the paste. Such a pretty card - it almost makes me wish for snow already! Jill

Nonni said...

That stencil is very pretty and I love the cool color palette of this card. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin