Sunday, September 7, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #41 - Tall and Skinny

It's time for another Christmas Card Challenge, and the time to start sending out those holiday cards is looming upon us my friends!  This week the challenge is to make a tall and skinny card.  I made mine a 4" x 9" size which will fit into a legal size envelope.
 
Since I had a lot of space to fill, I decided to use two new stamps sets in my stash.  I started by adding some antique linen distress ink on the entire front of the card.  Then I used a circle stencil and tea dye distress ink to create the background.  I then used this really pretty vintage lace stamp from Wendy Vecchi.  I've seen her do some amazing cards and tags with it, so I took some inspiration for using it from her.  I stamped it in Archival jet black and then swirled some green and red distress inks on it.  I repeated the process on the bottom of the card.  This ate up some of the space I needed to fill.  Next I stamped the guy with the wreath (I just love this image...it reminds me of Ichabod Crane for some reason!) and the sentiment.  He needed something to ground him, so I added this pinked edge which was colored with the green distress ink.  Then I made a big mistake!  I edged the entire card with frayed burlap and goofed on the left side!  I added way too much.  I think my new ink pad was too juicy!  Oh well!  I achieved a distressed look!  I also added some enamel dots on the lace image and rounded the top and bottom corners.
 
You can see more from the DT on the Christmas Card Challenge blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Deco Christmas (Tim Holtz), Vintage Lace (Wendy Vintage)
Paper:  Vintage cream
Ink:  Archival jet black, antique linen, tea dye, bundled sage, festive berries, frayed burlap distress inks
Accessories:  Ornate circles stencil (Wendy Vecchi), enamel dots, pinking edge die (MFT)
 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gerrina said...

Wow, what a stunning BG! And great vintage feeling! Hugs, Gerrina

Nancy said...

LOVE this card and so glad I scrolled down or I would have missed it...love the old vintage Christmas feel your captured!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin