Saturday, March 1, 2014

Just Us Girls #230 - Sketch Challenge

Hi friends!  Can you believe it's March 1st?  And it's STILL COLD!!!  When is the warm weather going to come back?  I love winter and the cold, but this was a looonnngg winter! 
 
Anyway, since it's the first Saturday of the month, that means it's Sketch Challenge week over at Just Us Girls.  Vicki created a fun one for us!
 
 
 I went very literal with the sketch as usual.  When I saw the panels, I knew I wanted to use this new stamp set I just purchased from Fresh Squeezed Stamps called Paper, Scissors, Ink.  The paper is new as well.  I love the color combo, but I wish my flag was a little longer and narrower!  Hindsight, right?
 
We have a new guest designer for March and that is Calypso.  We are so happy to have her join us this month!  You can see more inspiration from the JUGs DT at these blogs.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Paper, Scissors, Ink (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah white, night of navy, riding hood red, Story Teller dp (Crate Paper)
Ink:  Night of Navy
Accessories:  Riding hood red ribbon, embossing folder, dimensionals 


Photobucket

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Great mix of papers. You have been hit hard this winter - yikes!! Believe it or not we actualky had 11 inches of snow here last w/e and some is still around, but not as nasty as your weather for sure! Hang in there!

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun sentiment! Beautiful paper and color choices too! We are under a Winter Storm Warning this evening. Crazy weather as it is 52 degrees right now. I have had enough of Winter....come on Spring!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love yr fun new subway stamp. This sketch worked perfect for it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That sentiment stamp is so perfect for our crafty types! Love the papers with their fun colors. I am so ready for some warmer weather, we haven't seen anything above freezing in forever and it snows just about every day.

Lynn said...

I'm sitting here as the winter storm is starting here...crazy. I'm ready to head south! Love your card...the subway greeting is fabulous.

diane zechman said...

Cute! Looks like a fun stamp set.

sandie said...

Hi Lisa, I love this, the DSP,really is a fab choice for the sentiment. I am so sad FSS is closing !!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin